Increasingly Diverse Toronto Church Seeking a Full-time Pastor
Willowdale Christian Reformed Church (WCRC) is seeking a full-time pastor who can help lead us into the future that God has begun to show us. WCRC is located in Toronto, Ontario a city which consists of extraordinarily diverse neighbourhoods of which Willowdale is one. This church of 150+ members, founded in 1962, is quickly transitioning from a monocultural immigrant church into a congregation of both life-long and newly converted Christians, from many nations (most of which are refugees, or relatively new immigrants). It is an exciting time at Willowdale and a testament to God’s grace that we are constantly welcoming new Christians who are seeking to learn and share their faith among us. In the past year we have been blessed with the opportunity to baptize new Christians, including whole families.
Our council and congregation are embracing this movement of the Spirit and are now seeking the right person to lead us as a full-time pastor.
In addition to demonstrating a love for God in their life, our pastor will:
- understand that weekly worship & fellowship are central to the life of the church;
- have a passion for preaching the Word that leads us to know God’s grace and love, and helps us find unity in Jesus Christ;
- love the role that the sacraments can play in building the church community;
- have a passion for ministering cross-culturally, showing God’s love for each person, leading by example in showing pastoral care for all members (long-term and new);
- demonstrate a love and knowledge of scripture, being ready and able to teach/disciple us with insight/wisdom;
- be a servant-leader, helping to form new leaders among our people, ready to share God’s love in deed and word.
We know that God will provide for Willowdale CRC. If you are interested in this position and wish to apply, send your resume via email to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is February 28, 2021. Our current recruiting process is being conducted completely virtually. All applicants must be willing to complete the recruiting (interview, meetings and preaching) process virtually.